|Photo by Rooey202|
Your first option for a no cook meal is salads.
- Step 1 - Protein. Beans, tofu, as well as the more traditional chicken, ham, salmon, tuna, as well as hard boiled eggs, and cheese (how about feta or cubed sharp cheddar) all work well. Also nuts (toasted walnuts, sunflower seeds, and pecans are great!) are a tasty addition.
- Step 2 - Veggies! shredded, sliced, chopped... fresh veggies are best (tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, asparagus, onions, peppers -- it's summer time, so you've got lots of choices!), though canned or frozen corn, and frozen peas will do as well.
- Step 3 - Serve over shredded lettuce OR toss with pasta or rice and top with your favorite dressing.
- a bread: whatever suits your fancy, from sliced bread to sandwich rolls to tortillas to pita bread,
- a protein: sliced deli meats, hummus (make it yourself!), refried beans, leftover meats (chicken, ham), sliced or shredded cheeses, or tofu;
- other filling: chopped or shredded veggies (carrots, zucchini are great!), sprouts, and finally
- a dressing of some sort (plain mayo, vinaigrette, spice it up with some fresh herbs, whatever you prefer)
Need more tips for hot weather cooking? Check out lots of summer cooking tips at Works for Me Wednesday!